Conditions for use of the Green during Covid-19 Restrictions
Government & Bowls England, Requirements & Guidelines
The Government announced on 13th May that facilities associated with outdoor sports and physical activities, including lawn bowls, could reopen. Additional Government guidance released on 1st June 2020 states:
“You can play lawn bowls where facilities have reopened, but you can only take part in these activities by yourself, or with members of your household or with no more than five other people outside of your household, as long as you are able to maintain social distancing”.
It is with this in mind that we have developed the following procedures to allow our members to use the Club Green for Roll Ups and Friendly Matches and / or wish to use the Club patio and grass surrounds.
Up to 6 people from different households may meet on the Club outsides spaces, but not on the Green, provided they maintain the Government recommended distance between each other, currently advised as 2 metres.
Up to 6 people from the same household can play together on the Green on one Rink.
Up to 4 people from different households can play together on the Green on one Rink, provided they maintain the Government recommended distance between each other. This is slightly stricter than what the Government allows, but it is being applied at our Club to ensure the upmost safety for all our members.
Please be aware that the Clubhouse itself remains closed for any reason other than for the use of the W.C facilities, i.e. it is not permitted to use the Clubhouse for changing, social gathering or refreshments of any sort.
Access and use of the Green is strictly by forward booking only. Bookings should be done by telephone with Robert Green (07850 870879) ideally and at least 24hrs prior to the date required.
Two rinks will be available for booking for 1-hour sessions from 12 noon each day, the times of these bookings will be staggered i.e. on the hour and half hour to permit social distancing.
Until further advised, any full member whose partner or family are social members may roll up with them.
The Green will play across the Clubhouse on either Rinks 2 & 5 or on alternate weeks Rinks 3 & 6. This is to maximise the space between occupied rinks.
Conditions for Playing
- Members should come to the Green no sooner than 10 minutes before their booked time and should leave immediately once they have completed their session.
- You are required to bring your own bowls; no Club bowls should be used.
- Please come dressed to play, using the chairs at the end of the rinks to put on your shoes.
- At the end of each rink will be two mats and a box containing two jacks, a pump bottle of hand sanitiser, disinfectant spray and disinfectant wipes.
- Please use the sanitiser on your hands before and after play and should you visit the loo. Please be sparing with it though as it is still difficult to source in larger quantities.
- Please use the disinfectant wipes to clean the jacks before and after your game and to clean surfaces and door handles should you use the loos.
- Please use the disinfectant spray on the mats before and after your game.
2. Additional Conditions for up to Four Members from Different Households
- Whilst at the Club and on the Green, always maintain social distancing guidelines, this includes whilst on the mat and in the head.
- Do not shake hands, kiss or hug the other person before, during or after your game.
- Only one player should handle the mat during the entire session.
- Two jacks (one at each end) should be used and this should be set by one player only throughout the session.
- If scoring, social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to at all times i.e. only one person in the head at any one time.
- Do not touch your opponents’ bowls with your hands
- Avoid measuring for shots
Conditions for Socialising in the Club’s outside spaces
Members can now use the Club patio and grass surrounds to meet in groups of up to a maximum of 6 playing / social members. Government social distancing rules must always be adhered to.
For members use, plastic chairs are blocked in groups of 6, consistent with safe distancing rules. Please assist us in these challenging times by leaving the chairs in these positions during and after use.
For both your own and others safety please bring along your own disinfectant wipes to clean the chairs down before and after use, please do not use the materials in the two rink boxes. Please dispose of used wipes properly either by putting in the large waste bin by the main gate or by taking them home with you.
Any questions on any of the above please contact Robert Green on 07850 870879.